Thursday 3 February 2011

Life after torres.

Hello and welcome to my new blog! Your probably here as you follow me on twitter or are subscribed to my YouTube page. As you can probably guess from my tweets, most my posts will have a Liverpool fc theme to them. However this is not to say some will ignore Liverpool and focus on other topics. This blog won't be an annually thing so my posts will be ill-regular, however i will always update my twitter when a new post has been added so that way you will always be informed of my latest post! So enjoy my first post and let me know what you think. 

So here we are Thursday 3rd February 2011 without Fernando Torres a Liverpool player. Throughout January I have been checking twitter, LFC forums, RAWK looking for any information on Liverpool's latest 'potential' target Luis Suarez. Suarez initially caught my eye in the 2010 world cup and no not with the infamous 'hand of god' but for his 3 goals and impressive performances upfront with Forlan which help saw Uruguay reach the semi finals. After the world cup I began to take a real interest in Suarez and was highly impressed at his goal scoring record for Ajax. So obviously after hearing Liverpool were interested in his services I began to become obsessed with any piece of latest information I could find on what is currently happening, but after a rocky bidding process, on the 28th January Ajax had finally accepted an offer for Suarez and from there it looked as though Suarez and Torres was to be the new strike force for Liverpool. And this including me and fellow Liverpool fans got us a bit excited. But on a night out I received a text from my mate which put a damper to say the least on the whole Suarez saga After 2 bids from Chelsea for Fernando Torres, Torres had decided to hand in a transfer request signaling the end of his career at Anfield and shattering fans hope of seeing him and Suarez both play together in the famous red shirt. So twitter shifted itself away from Suarez and sat waiting to see what would happen on transfer deadline day with Liverpool's famous number nine. And what was to happen I highly doubt anyone seen coming. Liverpool had moved for Newcastles' modern day Alan Shearer, Andy Carroll. As I sat watching the events of deadline day unfold Liverpool looked to have instantly found there new number 9. And that's exactly what happened, Torres completed his 50 million pound move to Chelsea with 22 year old Andy Carroll moving to Liverpool.
So after letting the dust settle I feel Liverpool are now in a better position than what they were at the start of December. And after already seeing our new signing scoring on his debut from the bench,this tells me it will only be a matter of time before we seeing Liverpool battling for champions league once more. 
So Goodbye El Nino you have moved on and I'm sure in no time at all the whole of Liverpool will aswell. 
Welcome Andy Carroll and high flying El Pistolero. 

Croft xD
YNWA

No comments:

Post a Comment